Effective January 1, 2021, fees for the following ECFMG applications/service requests will increase:
- The fee for Application for ECFMG Certification will be $150.
- The examination fees for United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) will be $975 for each exam registration.
- The fee for a Certification Verification Service (CVS) request will be $60.
- The fee for an application for J-1 visa sponsorship will be $360.
- The fee to establish an Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPICSM) account and confirm identity will be $130.
- The fee to verify a credential through EPIC will be $100.
- The fee to request an EPIC Report will be $50.
- For credentials submitted to EPIC on or after January 10, 2018, the first report requested for each credential will remain free.
- For credentials submitted to EPIC prior to January 10, 2018, the first report requested for each credential will remain $15.
- For a previously verified credential, reports will be $50.
The new fees will be assessed for all applications/requests submitted to ECFMG on or after January 1, 2021 (Eastern Time in the United States). All fees are listed in U.S. dollars.
For more information on the fees associated with applying for ECFMG Certification and for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK, refer to the ECFMG 2021 Information Booklet and the Fees page of the ECFMG website.
For more information on the fees associated with EPIC, refer to the Fees page on the EPIC website.