Due to scheduled maintenance, ECFMG’s on-line services are expected to be unavailable beginning at approximately 7:00 p.m. on Friday, February 19, 2021. Services are expected to be restored by 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 21, 2021. All times are calculated using Eastern Time in the United States.
During this maintenance period, you will be unable to access most ECFMG on-line services, including the following:
- IWA—Interactive Web Applications
- OASIS—On-line Applicant Status and Information System
- Application for Pathways for ECFMG Certification for 2021 Match
- EMSWP—ECFMG Medical School Web Portal, and its programs for medical schools and other institutions:
- Status Verification
- Credentials Verification
- Performance Data
- EMSWP ERAS
- GEMxSM for Partner Institutions
- CVS ON-LINE—Certification Verification Service On-line
- EVNet—Exchange Visitor Network (for staff of U.S. training programs that host ECFMG-sponsored exchange visitor physicians)
- EPICSM—Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials
- Physician Portal
- Report Portal
- GEMx on-line services for students
- MyECFMG mobile app
The World Directory of Medical Schools also will be unavailable during this maintenance period.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to maintain high-quality on-line services.
The Coalition for Physician Accountability, of which ECFMG|FAIMER is a member, recently released updated recommendations on away rotations for medical education institutions of Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)-accredited, U.S. Osteopathic, and non-U.S. medical school applicants for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 academic years. More information is available in the full report.
- For the remainder of the 2020-21 academic year (ending June 30, 2021), as recommended in its May 2020 report, the working group recommends that away rotations be discouraged, except under certain circumstances.
- For the 2021-22 academic year, the working group recommends that away rotations resume no earlier than August 1, 2021 and offers additional guidance.
ECFMG|FAIMER supports the Coalition’s recommendations, which are intended to add to, but not supersede, the independent judgment of a medical school, sponsoring institution, or residency program regarding the immediate needs of its patients and preparation of its learners.
ECFMG will be closed in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday on Monday, January 18. We will be unavailable for calls and e-mails until we reopen at 9:00 a.m., Eastern Time in the United States, on Tuesday, January 19.
ECFMG will close in observance of the New Year’s holiday at 2:00 p.m., Eastern Time (ET), in the United States, on Thursday, December 31, 2020. We will be unavailable for calls and e-mails until we reopen at 9:00 a.m., ET, on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Please also note that ECFMG Applicant Information Services representatives will not be available by telephone at (215) 386-5900 on Thursday, December 31.
ECFMG will close in observance of the Christmas holiday at 2:00 p.m., Eastern Time (ET), in the United States, on Wednesday, December 23. We will be unavailable for calls and e-mails until we reopen at 9:00 a.m., ET, on Monday, December 28.
Please also note that ECFMG Applicant Information Services representatives will not be available by telephone at (215) 386-5900 on Wednesday, December 23.
Effective January 1, 2021, fees for the following ECFMG applications/service requests will increase:
- The fee for Application for ECFMG Certification will be $150.
- The examination fees for United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) will be $975 for each exam registration.
- The fee for a Certification Verification Service (CVS) request will be $60.
- The fee for an application for J-1 visa sponsorship will be $360.
- The fee to establish an Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPICSM) account and confirm identity will be $130.
- The fee to verify a credential through EPIC will be $100.
- The fee to request an EPIC Report will be $50.
- For credentials submitted to EPIC on or after January 10, 2018, the first report requested for each credential will remain free.
- For credentials submitted to EPIC prior to January 10, 2018, the first report requested for each credential will remain $15.
- For a previously verified credential, reports will be $50.
The new fees will be assessed for all applications/requests submitted to ECFMG on or after January 1, 2021 (Eastern Time in the United States). All fees are listed in U.S. dollars.
For more information on the fees associated with applying for ECFMG Certification and for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK, refer to the ECFMG 2021 Information Booklet and the Fees page of the ECFMG website.
For more information on the fees associated with EPIC, refer to the Fees page on the EPIC website.
ECFMG will close in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25. We will be unavailable for calls and e-mails until we re-open at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 30. All times are calculated using Eastern Time in the United States.
Please also note that ECFMG Applicant Information Services representatives will not be available by telephone at (215) 386-5900 on Wednesday, November 25.
In order to provide staff with flexibility to exercise their right to vote on Tuesday, November 3, Election Day in the United States, ECFMG customer service representatives will not be available by telephone. Telephone assistance will resume on Wednesday, November 4, at 9:00 a.m., Eastern Time in the United States.
ECFMG Applicant Information Services’ (AIS) schedule of availability by telephone at (215) 386-5900 has changed. Effective October 23, 2020, AIS will be available by phone Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The schedule for telephone assistance at other service telephone numbers, such as ERAS Support Services at ECFMG, has not changed. For information on contacting ECFMG, please visit our Contact page.
The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates|Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (ECFMG|FAIMER) has again been selected by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare. ECFMG|FAIMER placed first for the Healthiest Workplace Award in the Suppliers category, and was a finalist for the Family-Friendliest Workplace Award in the Suppliers category.
The Best Places to Work in Healthcare program identifies and recognizes outstanding employers in the healthcare industry nationwide. Modern Healthcare partners with the Best Companies Group on the assessment process, which includes an extensive employee survey.
“Like most high performing organizations, our greatest strength is our people,” said ECFMG|FAIMER President and CEO William W. Pinsky, MD. “Due to the pandemic, we have needed to be nimble and flexible in adapting our operations to continue to serve worldwide communities of medical educators, regulators, and physicians. All of our employees have had to adapt to new challenges and stressors. We have made every attempt to give them the time, resources, and support to ensure they, and their families, are staying well mentally, physically, and emotionally during these challenging times. This honor recognizes our holistic approach to our employees and their families that goes above and beyond the traditional compensation and benefits approach to human resources.”
“It has been an especially trying year for the world, and healthcare in particular as COVID-19 ravages our communities and your workplaces,” said Aurora Aguilar, Modern Healthcare‘s editor. “But the organizations recognized on this year’s list rose to the top and continued to be a source of strength for their teammates. They have seen their colleagues fall ill to the virus and struggled with the economic impact of the pandemic. The loyalty and trust between employers and their workers is being put to the test now more than ever. We congratulate the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for continuing to serve their workforce and communities during such an unprecedented time.”
The complete list of this year’s winners is available here (by subscription only). Modern Healthcare will publish a special supplement featuring a ranked list of all the winners along with its October 12 issue.