Effective January 1, 2020, fees for the following ECFMG applications/service requests will increase:
- The fee for Application for ECFMG Certification will be $145.
- The examination fees for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) will be $965 for each exam registration.
- The examination fee for Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) will be $1,600 for each exam registration.
- The fee for an extension of eligibility period for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK will be $90.
- The fee for a change of testing region for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK will be $85.
- The fee for rescheduling a Step 2 CS testing appointment will be 0-$1,300 (depending on the date of cancellation).
- The fee for a Certification Verification Service (CVS) request will be $55.
- The fee for an application for J-1 visa sponsorship will be $350.
The new fees will be assessed for all applications/requests submitted to ECFMG on or after January 1, 2020 (Eastern Time in the United States).
For more information on the fees associated with applying for ECFMG Certification and for USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS, refer to the ECFMG 2020 Information Booklet and the Fees page of the ECFMG website.