Effective January 1, 2017, fees for the following ECFMG applications/service requests will increase:
- The Application for ECFMG Certification fee will be $75.
- The examination fees for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) will be $895 for each exam registration.
- The examination fee for USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) will be $1,550 for each exam registration.
- The fee for rescheduling a Step 2 CS testing appointment will be 0-$1,280 (depending on date of cancellation).
- The J-1 visa sponsorship application fee will be $325.
- The fee for a Certification Verification Service (CVS) request will be $40.
The new fees will be assessed for all applications/requests submitted to ECFMG on or after January 1, 2017 (Eastern Time in the United States).
For more information on the fees associated with applying for ECFMG Certification and for USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS, refer to the ECFMG 2017 Information Booklet and the Fees page of the ECFMG website.