Primary-source Verification Service for Organizations around the World
ECFMG’s Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) provides primary-source verification of physician qualifications at no cost to partner organizations. By using EPIC Services, organizations benefit from ECFMG’s expertise and experience in preventing fraud and protecting the public. Become one of the many organizations using EPIC Services today!
As an organization that registers, licenses, trains, educates, or employs physicians, determining whether your applicants are qualified to provide safe and effective patient care is a top priority. Primary-source verification is a best practice that provides protection against fraudulent credentials.
ECFMG verifies credentials, so partner organizations don’t have to.
Advantages of using ECFMG’s EPIC Services include:
- Nonprofit Mission and 35+ Years of Primary-source Verification Experience
- 1,000,000+ Credentials Verified directly with the issuing institution
- Established Global Relationships with thousands of medical schools, medical regulatory authorities (MRAs), and other entities worldwide.
- Credentials Verified Electronically with more than 3,000 institutions, dramatically reducing the time to complete primary-source verification.
- Nearly 70 Years of Evaluating whether International Medical Graduates (IMGs) are Ready to Enter Graduate Medical Education in the United States. ECFMG Certification is the standard for evaluating the qualifications and medical school acceptability of these physicians.
- Recognized by The Joint Commission as a designated equivalent source for verification of a physician’s graduation from a foreign medical school. ECFMG’s practices are aligned with the 10 principles for a credentials verification organization (CVO) as outlined by The Joint Commission.
- Recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as an acceptable verification source for international medical school graduation for physicians licensed in the United States after 1986.
- Dedicated Customer Support from our expert staff, and investigative support involving irregular behavior or suspicions of fraud. In the past 20 years, ECFMG has investigated more than 400 cases of physician and medical school irregular behavior activity.
EPIC Services also provide benefits to your applicants throughout their careers. See An Innovation for Physicians Building a Career Portfolio to learn more.
Learn how to integrate primary-source verification into your organization’s process through EPIC Services. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (215) 966-3900, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time in the United States.
Back to top