Effective January 1, 2022, fees for the following ECFMG applications/service requests will increase:
- The fee for Application for ECFMG Certification will be $160.
- The examination fees for United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®) Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) will be $985 for each exam registration.
- The fee for an extension of eligibility period for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK will be $100.
- The fee for a change of testing region for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK will be $90.
- The fee for a Certification Verification Service (CVS) request will be $66.
- The fee for an application for J-1 visa sponsorship will be $370.
The new fees will be assessed for all applications/requests submitted to ECFMG on or after January 1, 2022 (Eastern Time in the United States). All fees are listed in U.S. dollars.
For more information on the fees associated with applying for ECFMG Certification and for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK, refer to the ECFMG 2022 Information Booklet and the Fees page of the ECFMG website.