To apply for examination or request to extend a USMLE Step 1 / Step 2 CK eligibility period, go to ECFMG’s Interactive Web Applications (IWA). Paper forms that are available for other services can be downloaded from this page.
USMLE® Step 1/Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (Step 2 CK) and Step 2 Clinical Skills (Step 2 CS)
- Certification Statement (Form 183)
- Certification of Identification Form (Form 186)
- Step 1/Step 2 CK Pre-Exam Checklist (Form 292-S)
- Request to Change USMLE® Step 1/Step 2 CK Testing Region (Form 312)
Forms 183 and 186
In order to obtain a Certification Statement (Form 183) or Certification of Identification Form (Form 186), you must first complete the on-line part of an exam application using ECFMG’s Interactive Web Applications (IWA).
The Certification Statement (Form 183) is the paper certification required by ECFMG for applicants who are students enrolled in medical schools that do not participate in the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) Status Verification program. The Certification of Identification Form (Form 186) is the paper certification required by ECFMG for applicants who are medical school graduates or are students enrolled in medical schools that participate in EMSWP Status Verification.
After you have completed the on-line part of your exam application, IWA will automatically generate the appropriate form (Certification Statement or Certification of Identification Form). You will then be able to print the form through IWA.
If you have already completed the on-line part of an IWA exam application and need to reprint your Certification Statement or Certification of Identification Form, access IWA.
USMLE Practice Materials
- Access the USMLE website for practice materials for all Steps and Step Components. Please note these materials are updated periodically.
Medical Education Credentials
- Please note that the Medical School Release Request (Form 345) has been eliminated. Applicants no longer need to complete this form as part of the credentials verification process for ECFMG Certification.
Scores and Transcripts
- USMLE Transcript Request Forms (provides a complete score history of USMLE exams taken)
- ECFMG Examination History Chart (provides a complete score history of non-USMLE exams
- USMLE Step 1/Step 2 CK/Step 2 CS Score Recheck Request Form (Form 265)
- ECFMG CSA History Chart (Form 297) for requests from individuals
- ECFMG CSA History Chart (Form 298) for requests from institutions
Certification Verification Service (CVS)
Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP)
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Access information on how to request an ERAS Token.