To apply for examination or request to extend a USMLE Step 1 / Step 2 CK eligibility period, go to ECFMG’s Interactive Web Applications (IWA). Paper forms that are available for other services can be downloaded from this page.
Application for ECFMG Certification
- Certification of Identification Form (Form 186)
USMLE® Step 1/Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (Step 2 CK) and Step 2 Clinical Skills (Step 2 CS)
- Certification Statement (Form 183)
- Step 1/Step 2 CK Pre-Exam Checklist (Form 292-S)
- Request to Change USMLE® Step 1/Step 2 CK Testing Region (Form 312)
Certification of Identification Form (Form 186)
The Certification of Identification Form (Form 186) is required as part of the ECFMG certification process to confirm an applicant's identity. After you have completed the on-line part of the Application for ECFMG Certification using ECFMG's Interactive Web Applications (IWA), IWA will generate a Form 186 for you to download and complete. Detailed instructions are provided with the form.
If you have completed the on-line part of an application and been provided with the Certification of Identification Form (Form 186) but need to download/reprint it, access IWA.
Certification Statement (Form 183)
Before an applicant can be registered for USMLE, ECFMG must receive verification of the applicant's status as a currently enrolled student or graduate directly from his/her medical school. ECFMG will request status verification from your medical school via the school’s preferred method, either electronically through the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) Status Verification program or via a paper form, the Certification Statement (Form 183). If your medical school completes status verification requests via paper form, you will be provided with Form 183 at the end of the on-line USMLE application process in ECFMG’s Interactive Web Applications (IWA).
If you have already completed the on-line part of an IWA exam application and need to download/reprint your Certification Statement (Form 183), access IWA.
USMLE Practice Materials
- Access the USMLE website for practice materials for all Steps and Step Components. Please note these materials are updated periodically.
Medical Education Credentials
- Please note that the Medical School Release Request (Form 345) has been eliminated. Applicants no longer need to complete this form as part of the credentials verification process for ECFMG Certification.
Scores and Transcripts
- USMLE Transcript Request Forms (provides a complete score history of USMLE exams taken)
- ECFMG Examination History Chart (provides a complete score history of non-USMLE exams
- USMLE Step 1/Step 2 CK/Step 2 CS Score Recheck Request Form (Form 265)
- ECFMG CSA History Chart (Form 297) for requests from individuals
- ECFMG CSA History Chart (Form 298) for requests from institutions
Certification Verification Service (CVS)
Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP)
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Access information on how to request an ERAS Token.