Applicants participating in the National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®) 2022 Main Residency Match® (The Match®) must meet the following requirements by the NRMP Rank Order List Certification deadline on March 2, 2022, in order for ECFMG to verify to the NRMP that they have met the examination requirements for ECFMG Certification:
- Have passing results on the Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) components of the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®) that are valid for ECFMG Certification and available by the NRMP Rank Order List Certification deadline; AND
- Meet the clinical and communication skills requirements for ECFMG Certification, which can be achieved by either:
- Completing an ECFMG Pathway, which includes attaining a satisfactory score on the Occupational English Test (OET) Medicine, OR
- Having a passing performance on the former Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) component of USMLE that is valid for ECFMG Certification.
If you are applying to a Pathway, your application must be submitted no later than December 15, 2021, to ensure the application is processed in time for you to participate in the 2022 Match. To apply to a Pathway, or to check the status of your application after it has been submitted, log in to the Application for Pathways for ECFMG Certification for 2022 Match using your USMLE/ECFMG ID and On-line Services password.
Please also refer to the Requirements for ECFMG Certification for 2022 Match section of the ECFMG website, including the web page specific to the Pathway to which you are applying, for additional deadlines related to the submission of required documentation and to taking OET Medicine, which is required of all Pathways applicants.
All applicants are encouraged to review the detailed information available on ECFMG’s website and to track the status of their requests on-line prior to contacting our offices. To track the status of:
- Pathways applications, log in to the Application for Pathways for ECFMG Certification for 2022 Match, as described above;
- USMLE examination applications, credentials verifications, and other items related to ECFMG Certification, log in to the On-line Applicant Status and Information System (OASIS).