The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG®) and its Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER®) share a mission to promote quality health care worldwide — and they are being recognized for bringing that mission to life within the organization. ECFMG/FAIMER has been selected as a 2019 Healthiest Employer of Greater Philadelphia by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
ECFMG/FAIMER is one of only 36 businesses and organizations in the Greater Philadelphia region selected for this year’s honor. It is the seventh time ECFMG/FAIMER received the award, having been recognized most recently in 2015.
“We are thrilled once again to be recognized for our commitment to employee well-being,” said William W. Pinsky, MD, President and CEO of ECFMG and Board Chair of FAIMER. “We take a deliberate and holistic approach in developing our wellness program, knowing that this investment will benefit our employees as well as the important work we perform around the world.”
The health care plans offered by ECFMG/FAIMER provide extensive coverage at a very low cost to employees. On-site exercise and Weight Watchers classes and gym membership reimbursements also are offered. In addition to programs that promote physical health, there are a variety of offerings to promote emotional, financial, social, and occupational well-being. For more information on benefits and career opportunities at ECFMG/FAIMER, visit www.ecfmg.org/about/careers.html.
To be considered for the honor, employers complete an online assessment. The Business Journal partners with national company Springbuk to evaluate and assess the nominees for the Healthiest Employers program. Each nominated employer is judged on six values, including:
- Vision: Clearly understands the challenges and opportunities which differentiate its workplace, workforce, and industry, and has identified the attributes that set its corporate wellness initiatives apart and above.
- Culture/Engagement: Engages the hearts, minds, and bodies of employees to address and affect well-being. “Walks the talk” in every respect of workplace culture, including working conditions and organizational practices.
- Learning: Employer is a learning-minded organization that demonstrates a track record of continuous improvement leading to increasingly successful and repeatable employee wellness outcomes.
- Expertise: Seeks out wellness professionals who balance subject-matter expertise with emotional intelligence and a deep understanding of behavior and motivation. Develops the internal know-how to execute on organizational vision.
- Metrics: Employer clearly understands and defines the strategic value of wellness to the overall organization. Measures success and makes adjustments as needed to sustain and improve results.
- Technology: Maintains awareness of tools and technologies and understands how to match them to organizational needs. Deploys the most suitable technologies to direct and manage corporate wellness initiatives.