CVS for Requesting OrganizationsCVS Requests | CVS Reports | CVS ON-LINE | State Medical Boards | Residency/Fellowship Programs | Other Organizations | Frequently Asked Questions
Residency/fellowship programs requesting confirmation of the ECFMG certification status of IMGs may submit those requests via CVS ON-LINE or by submitting a completed request form (Form 282A-PD) to ECFMG. All requests must include the 10-digit Residency Program ID Number, which is listed in the AMA’s Graduate Medical Education Directory (“the green book”). Since ECFMG Certification is a requirement for entry into graduate medical education programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), confirmation of ECFMG Certification is provided without charge for residency program directors.
The completed Status Report will include the following information:
- Whether an individual is ECFMG certified;
- Date the certificate was issued and the date(s) through which the certificate remains valid for the purpose of entry into graduate medical education;
- Passing performance* on examination(s) for ECFMG Certification;
- Date of most recently passed English test;
- Date of most recently passed CSA;
- Name of medical school, country, and degree year; and
- Status of the verification of the physician’s medical education credentials.
* Scores for USMLE Step exams are not included in status reports. These scores are reported in USMLE transcripts.
To submit a request via CVS ON-LINE, click here.
To submit a request using Form 282A-PD, send the completed request form to:
ECFMG Certification Verification Service
3624 Market Street, 4th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685 USA
A response will be sent via an express mail service if a prepaid airbill or express service account number is provided with the request form.
- Form 282A-PD
Request for Status Report of ECFMG Certification