ERAS Support Services for Applicants
COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) ANNOUNCEMENT
ECFMG|FAIMER has adapted some aspects of our operations to help ensure the continuity of our programs and to enhance flexibility for stakeholders who also have made operational changes in response to the pandemic, including the USMLE program, AAMC ERAS, and NRMP. For consolidated information on the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on ECFMG|FAIMER programs and what we are doing in response, please visit our COVID-19 (Coronavirus) web page. Please also monitor the ECFMG, AAMC, and NRMP websites frequently for updates throughout the ERAS 2021 season.
Supporting DocumentsAbout Supporting Documents Document Submission EMSWP ERAS Transfer Students Reusing Documents
ERAS Document Submission At-a-Glance
Click to view
There are different methods for submitting supporting documents, depending on the document type. See below for specific information on ECFMG’s OASIS, EMSWP ERAS, MyECFMG mobile app, and the AAMC’s Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP). View Submission At-a-Glance for an overview of all ERAS documents.
As your designated Dean’s office, ERAS Support Services at ECFMG will evaluate each uploaded document to ensure clarity of image and to verify that each document has been uploaded to the slot designated for that document type. Document types that are not part of the MyERAS application—diplomas, foreign language documents, curriculum vitae, etc.—should not be uploaded. ECFMG will not transmit these documents to your MyERAS application.
ECFMG’s On-line Applicant Status and Information System (OASIS) allows ERAS applicants to submit several document types in support of their residency application, including Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs), medical school transcripts, and photographs.
Note: Students/graduates of medical schools that participate in the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) ERAS program cannot upload MSPEs or medical school transcripts using OASIS. Please contact your medical school to have these documents uploaded via EMSWP ERAS on your behalf. To find out if your medical school participates in EMSWP ERAS, you can use the MyECFMG mobile app or contact the Dean’s office of your medical school.
Documents uploaded through EMSWP ERAS take up to two business days to process to the MyERAS application.
Documents submitted via OASIS will take up to five business days to process. ERAS Support Services at ECFMG will contact you within five business days, via the MyERAS message center, about any discrepancies found during the quality control process.
Submitting Documents Using OASIS
- Make sure the document is a clean and clear image that will be presented to the programs to which you apply. Documents should be legible and not on a busy background.
- Scan all pages of the document into one file. Save the document as a PDF and name it something you can easily recognize e.g. surname_MSPE.PDF.
- Make sure that the file follows the technical specifications (document dimensions, file type and file size) for the document type you are uploading. The specifications can be found on the Upload page for the document in OASIS.
Steps for Submitting Documents Using OASIS
- Log into OASIS.
- Select ERAS Support Services.
- Select the appropriate upload category from the list on the toolbar.
Please note: Students/graduates of medical schools that participate in the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) ERAS program, cannot upload MSPEs or medical school transcripts using OASIS. Please contact your medical school to have these documents uploaded via EMSWP ERAS on your behalf.
- Carefully read the instructions and notices for the document type.
- Click the Browse button to select the document file from your computer. Be sure to upload the complete document as one file. Do not upload each page of the document separately.
- Click Upload File. You will receive confirmation for a successful upload.
- Repeat these steps for each document type.
If your document is rejected, you will need to submit a new file that meets the technical specifications. Do not e-mail your documents to ERAS Support Services at ECFMG. We are unable to modify files for applicants.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Submission of any falsified or altered document to ECFMG is an example of irregular behavior. A determination by ECFMG that an individual engaged in irregular behavior may be sufficient cause to bar an individual from ECFMG Certification, revoke an ECFMG Certificate, or take other appropriate action. ECFMG will send notice of a determination of irregular behavior to residency program directors, among others. See ECFMG Policies and Procedures Regarding Irregular Behavior.
AAMC’s Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP)
LoRs must be submitted through the AAMC’s Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP). If you have waived your right to view an LoR, your letter writer must upload the letter on your behalf. If you have not waived your right to view an LoR, you are permitted to upload a copy through the AAMC’s LoRP by logging in using your AAMC account. Programs are able to view who has uploaded the document. For tips on uploading your LoRs, please see the Letter Writer Assistance page of the ECFMG website.
MyECFMG mobile app
The MyECFMG mobile app allows applicants to view information about their MyERAS application and upload the following supporting documentation:
- Medical School Transcript
Log into MyECFMG and click on the link for ERAS Support Services. From the ERAS Support Services screen, select one of the following options:
- Upload Photograph
- Upload MSPE
- Upload Medical School Transcript
For photographs, you can take a photograph using your device’s camera or click “Browse” to select a photograph file from your device. After you have selected your photograph, you can drag and pinch the image to adjust it. Click “Save” to upload your photograph. The upload date will appear above your photograph.
Note: To make your photograph available to programs, you must assign it on the Additional Documents page of MyERAS.
For MSPEs and Medical School Transcripts, you can click “Pick a PDF” to select a file from your device or click “Scan Document” to take an image of the document.
- In “Pick a PDF”, select your file. Click “View PDF” to view the document before upload. Click “Upload PDF” to upload the document.
- In “Scan Document”, follow the Scan Guidelines. You can scan more than one page for multi-paged documents, and pages can be rearranged. When scanning is complete, click “Generate PDF” to create the document in PDF format. Click “Use Generated PDF”. To view the document before upload, click “View PDF”. Click “Upload PDF” to upload the document.
You will receive confirmation of acceptance if the system uploads your supporting documents successfully. If your document is rejected, you will need to resubmit it.
Note: Students/graduates of medical schools that participate in the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) ERAS program cannot upload MSPEs or medical school transcripts using MyECFMG. Please contact your medical school to have these documents uploaded via EMSWP ERAS on your behalf. To find out if your medical school participates in EMSWP ERAS, you can use the MyECFMG mobile app or contact the Dean’s office of your medical school.