ERAS Support Services for Applicants
Submitting LoRs Early
ERAS Support Services at ECFMG provides an option for submitting confidential letters of recommendation (LoRs) early. Applicants who wish to submit LoRs the year before they intend to apply to U.S. residency programs should follow these steps:
- Purchase an ERAS Token via ECFMG’s OASIS.
- Register the ERAS Token via AAMC’s MyERAS website.
- Add and Confirm the LoR Author information in your MyERAS application. This creates the Letter ID and Letter Request Form.
- Provide the Letter Request Form to your LoR Author and ask him/her to upload the waived confidential letter of recommendation through the AAMC’s Letter of Recommendation Portal (LORP).
- Once the letter is uploaded, ECFMG will process the letter to the current MyERAS application.
- Track the status of your LoRs in MyERAS to confirm that they have been processed. Once your LoRs are available in MyERAS, they will be saved for the next season.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are only submitting LoRs early and do not wish to participate in the current Match season, you are required to fill out, certify, and submit the on-line application portion of MyERAS. Your LoRs will not be saved if you do not certify and submit the MyERAS application before the end of the season. You do not need to apply to any programs or pay an application fee.
ERAS Support Services at ECFMG will not provide copies of your letters to you and will not provide copies of your letters to programs except via the MyERAS application system.