ERAS Support Services for Applicants
Submitting LoRs Early
ERAS Support Services at ECFMG understands that many applicants wish to begin submitting confidential letters of recommendation (LoRs) that they have waived their rights to view in the year before they intend to apply to U.S. residency programs through ERAS. ERAS Support Services at ECFMG provides a Reusing Documents option for this purpose. Applicants who wish to submit LoRs the year before they intend to apply to U.S. residency programs should follow these steps:
- Purchase an ERAS Token via ECFMG’s OASIS or the MyECFMG mobile app.
- Register the ERAS Token via AAMC’s MyERAS website.
- Add and Confirm the LoR Author information in your MyERAS application. This creates the Letter ID and Letter Request Form.
- Provide the Letter Request Form to your LoR Author and ask him/her to upload the waived letter of recommendation through the AAMC’s Letter of Recommendation Portal (LORP).
- Once the letter is uploaded, ECFMG will process the letter to the current ERAS application.
- At the end of the current ERAS application season, ECFMG will automatically save the LoRs on file. If you are only submitting LoRs early and do not wish to participate in the current Match season, you do not need to fill out the on-line application portion of MyERAS or apply to any programs.
- When you purchase your Token for the following season, ECFMG systems will recognize that you had a previous application on file. You will be able to select in OASIS or the MyECFMG mobile app which LoRs to transfer to your new application.
- Finally, add and confirm the LoR Author information in your new MyERAS application.
- Track the status of your LoRs in MyERAS to confirm that they have been processed. Once your LoRs are available in MyERAS, they will be saved for the next season.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to follow steps 7 through 9 each year to have your letters saved. If you fail to purchase a Token and successfully transfer your letters by the end of the current ERAS season, they will be purged from the ERAS system and will need to be resubmitted.
ERAS Support Services at ECFMG will not provide copies of your letters to you and will not provide copies of your letters to programs except via the ERAS application system.