ERAS Support Services for Applicants
Submitting LoRs Early
ERAS Support Services at ECFMG provides an option for submitting confidential letters of recommendation (LoRs) early. Applicants who wish to submit LoRs the year before they intend to apply to U.S. residency programs should follow these steps:
- Purchase an ERAS Token via ECFMG’s OASIS or the MyECFMG mobile app.
- Register the ERAS Token via AAMC’s MyERAS website.
- Add and Confirm the LoR Author information in your MyERAS application. This creates the Letter ID and Letter Request Form.
- Provide the Letter Request Form to your LoR Author and ask him/her to upload the waived confidential letter of recommendation through the AAMC’s Letter of Recommendation Portal (LORP).
- Once the letter is uploaded, ECFMG will process the letter to the current ERAS application.
- Track the status of your LoRs in MyERAS to confirm that they have been processed. Once your LoRs are available in MyERAS, they will be saved for the next season.
Please note that you will need to certify and submit your MyERAS application in order for your LoRs to be saved.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are only submitting LoRs early and do not wish to participate in the current Match season, you do not need to fill out the on-line application portion of MyERAS or apply to any programs.
ERAS Support Services at ECFMG will not provide copies of your letters to you and will not provide copies of your letters to programs except via the ERAS application system.