ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP)
The ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) provides access to ECFMG’s web-based services for international medical schools.
Through EMSWP, medical schools can access:
- Status Verification to verify the status of their students/graduates who apply to ECFMG for the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®). For medical schools that participate in EMSWP Status Verification, this on-line verification process replaces the paper-based process, reducing the time these schools spend on completing requests for verification of status.
- Credentials Verification to verify the authenticity of the medical education credentials of their students/graduates. Medical schools can verify medical credentials provided by ECFMG; send credentials and their verifications to ECFMG; and/or provide information on graduates’ medical education requested by ECFMG. For participating schools, this on-line process replaces ECFMG’s paper-based primary-source credentials verification process.
- Performance Data to obtain information on the performance of their students/graduates on Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) of USMLE. These performance data are available only to schools that participate in both EMSWP Status Verification and EMSWP Credentials Verification.
- EMSWP ERAS to send supporting documents on behalf of their students/graduates who are participating in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). The EMSWP ERAS program also enables schools to track receipt of these documents by ECFMG.
- The GEMx System* to manage all aspects of the student exchange process using a comprehensive, web-based tool. ECFMG’s GEMxSM program is a global partnership for educational exchange in medicine and the health professions. Through the GEMx System, participating schools can upload information to promote the school on the GEMx website, provide detailed information about available electives, verify the eligibility of students who wish to take an elective, receive and review incoming applications, and monitor incoming and outgoing student activity.
Medical schools that wish to participate in EMSWP must have an authorized user account. If you are a representative of an international medical school, you may e-mail the ECFMG EMSWP Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to establish an EMSWP account.
*Institutions interested in joining the GEMx Partnership, which includes access to the GEMx System, should contact the GEMx Manager at email@example.com.
Back to top