April 11, 2012
ECFMG Focus, a New E-newsletter for International Medical Schools
I am pleased to welcome you to Focus, an ECFMG e-newsletter specifically for the Deans, faculty, and staff of international medical schools.
ECFMG is involved in a number of activities related to global medical education and health care. Focus is designed to provide current, usable information on important developments for those involved in medical education around the world.
Topics from upcoming issues include:
- How the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) can assist you and your institution;
- Updates on ECFMG's medical school accreditation requirement for ECFMG Certification;
- Progress on ECFMG's initiative to verify the authenticity of medical education credentials electronically;
- New ECFMG services for the international medical education and regulatory communities;
- News on graduate medical education in the United States and the process of entry into the U.S. health care system;
- Proposed changes to the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®); and
- Educational, research, and data offerings of the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER®), an ECFMG foundation.
As a service to you and your institution, we have subscribed you to the Focus e-newsletter to ensure that you receive the debut issue, expected later this month. We hope that you stay with us, but if you would prefer not to receive this e-newsletter, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of this issue.
We look forward to providing you with this convenient new source of critical information for you, your institution, and your students and graduates.
Emmanuel G. Cassimatis, M.D.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates